1.1 The Federal Government of Nigeria through the Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund) has allocated funds to the Federal University Dutsinma for the execution of Year 2017 TETFund Zonal Intervention Projects.
1.2 Accordingly, the University hereby invites interested, competent, eligible and reputable contractors to participate in the bidding for Year 2017 TETFund Zonal Intervention Projects under section 2.0 below:
2.0 SCOPE OF WORK/SUPPLY
|LOT 1||Construction of 1 No. Block of Male Students Lavatory comprising of 20 Nr. Gent Toilets, 8 Nr. Urinals|
|LOT 2||Construction of 1 No. Block of Female Students Lavatory comprising of 20 Nr. Ladies Toilets, Borehole and overhead Tank for water supply|
|LOT 3||Supply of 1No. 30 seater Bus consisting but not limited to the following specification: 3.9 Litre Petrol Engine, High Roof, 5 speed manual transmission, power steering, air condition, airbag, exterior white color, CD player with FM/AM Radio, ABS System and Fabric Seat Cover.|
3.0 ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
3.1 MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS
Prospective bidders must possess the under-listed requirements to be eligible to participate in the procurement:-
- Certificate of Incorporation with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC);
- Evidence of Company’s Current Tax Clearance Certificate for the last three (3) years (2016, 2017 & 2018);
- Evidence of Current Pension Clearance Certificate in compliance with the Amended PenCom Reform Act 2014 (expiring on 31st December, 2018);
- Evidence of compliance with the National Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) (expiring on 31st December, 2018)
- Evidence of Registration on the National Database of Federal Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers by submission of Interim Registration Report (IRR) expiring on Tuesday 1st January, 2019 or valid Certificate issued by Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP);
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate (expiring on 31st December, 2018);
- Verifiable evidence of financial capability/Reference letter from a reputable Bank and State of accounts;
- Current sworn affidavit disclosing:-
- That the company is not in receivership, insolvent or bankrupt.
- That the company does not have any Director who has ever been convicted in any court in Nigeria or any other country for criminal offence in relation to fraud or financial impropriety
- Whether or not any officer of Federal University Dutsin-Ma, the Tertiary Education Trust Fund or Bureau of Public Procurement is a former or present Director, Shareholder or has any pecuniary interest in the bidder.
- That all documents submitted for the bidding are true and correct in all particulars.
- For Lot 3 all prospective bidders must be on the National Automotive Design and Development Council’s approved list of locally manufactured vehicles and possess letter of Authorization/Dealership Agreement as evidence of Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM)’s representative.
- Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years (2016,2017,2018)
3.2 OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Verifiable documentary evidence of at least three (3) completed similar jobs in the last five (5) years (2014 – 2018)including Letter of Awards, Valuation Certificates and Job Completion Certificates;
- List of verifiable construction equipment. Please indicate whether they are owned, hired or leased with proof of ownership, purchase receipt or evidence of leasing/hiring.
- For Joint Venture/Partnership, Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) should be provided (All the eligibility requirement is compulsory for each JV partner)
- List of key technical personnel indicating their roles, designation, qualification (endorsed copies) and years of experience. Copies of professional and educational certificates should be provided.
- Detail company profile and organizational structure including CV of key personnel (Technical personnel registered with respective professional bodies /Managerial).
- Bidders are to provide evidence of ownership/ lease of relevant equipment.
- Provision of satisfactory Quality Assurance/Quality Control Manual
- Submission of Catalogue for vehicle for LOT 3.
4.0 COLLECTION AND SUBMISSION OF BID DOCUMENTS
Interested and competent bidders are requested to collect bid documents from:
Directorate of Procurement,
Federal University Dutsin-Ma,
P.M.B. 5001 Dutsin-Ma,
upon presentation of evidence of payment of non- refundable tender fee of Ten Thousand Naira (N10,000.00) only through the Federal Government approved Treasury Single Account on the REMITA platform in favor of:
Federal University Dutsin-Ma.
As Tender fee on REMITA (www.remita.net) platform.
Through any Commercial Bank in Nigeria
Prospective bidders shall enclose their Technical documents in a separate envelope (marked Technical) and the Financial Bid in another envelope (marked Financial) and the two separate envelopes shall be enclosed in one sealed outer envelope clearly marked “INVITATION TO TENDER”- Lot No. (Indicate the Lot the bid is for)
Submissions should be addressed to:
Federal University Dutsinma,
P.M.B. 5001 Dutsinma,
The completed and sealed bid documents should contain the bidder’s name on the reverse side of the envelope and be deposited in Tender Box in the Office of the Registrar between the hours 8am-4pm Monday-Friday.
5.0 CLOSING DATE & OPENING
Submission of bid documents closes on Monday 25th February, 2019 at 12:00 noon. Any bid received after the stated date and time Shall Not be considered. The submitted bids will be opened on the same day, Monday 25th February, 2019 at 12:00 noon at the University’s Senate Chamber, Main Campus. Only the Technical Bid documents will be opened on that day and only prequalified bidders’ financial tender documents/bids will be opened at a later date after the technical evaluation; while the financial bids of the unsuccessful bidders would be returned to them un-opened. The Tertiary Education Trust Fund (TETFund), Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP), Bidders/company representatives and interested members of the public including relevant professional bodies, Certified Civil Society and Non-Governmental Organizations are hereby invited to witness the public opening of the technical bids.
6.0 PLEASE NOTE THAT
- Certificates may be referred to the respective issuing authority for verification and authentication.
- Contractors are NOT permitted to bid for more than two (2) lots. Any bidder that violates this rule shall be disqualified.
- Technical and Financial bids enclosed in one and same single envelope that will expose the Technical and Financial bid at the same time of opening shall be disqualified.
- All Technical and Financial bid documents MUST be accompanied with duly signed submission letters by the bidders on their detailed official letter head indicating among others RC No. issued by CAC, contact address, telephone number (preferably GSM No.) and email address. The letter headed paper must bear the names and nationalities of the Directors of the company at the bottom of the of the page duly signed by the authorized officer of the firm.
- Submissions that do not meet up with the requirements specified above shall be rejected.
- The Evaluation shall be strictly based on the requirements specified above.
- This advertisement is published for information purpose, and should not be construed as a commitment or obligation on the part of the University to award these contracts.
- The Federal University Dutsin-Ma is not bound to consider any bid and reserves the right to reject all bids at any time or cancel the procurement proceeding in the public interest without incurring any liabilities in accordance to section 28 of the Public Procurement Act 2007.
- Due diligence exercise shall be conducted to verify all the claims made by bidders.
- All submissions must be made only in English Language.
- All documents to be submitted on item 3 Most be arranged sequentially as stated above of which failure to do so bidder may be penalized.
All enquiries on this advertisement are to be directed to:
Director of Procurement,
Federal University Dutsinma,
P.M.B. 5001 Dutsinma,
The execution of these projects will depend on the release of funds by the appropriate funding Institution. Federal University Dutsinma will not be liable if there is any delay in the release of funds.
Aliyu Dalha Kankia